Psalm 43:5

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

Cross found on all donkeys' backs?

Some donkeys (often called Christian donkeys) have a narrow strip of dark hair that runs down their backs and each of their shoulders. These markings are in the shape of a cross. Like the color traits of other animals (such as zebras), we don’t know exactly why these donkeys have this cross. But, it does show the wonderful variety among God’s creatures.

There is legend that the crosses on these donkeys appeared after Jesus rode one into Jerusalem (read Matthew 21:1-11). There is no evidence that this is true. The dark stripe in the form of a cross was a trait in these donkeys long before Jesus lived. However, the fact that Jesus rode a donkey into Jerusalem is very important. It fulfilled a prophecy that was spoken 500 years before Jesus lived, and showed He was the Messiah (read Matthew 21:5 and Zechariah 9:9).

Dear Prayer Partners

Please remember the following needs and requests in prayer:



1} President Obama and his advisors

2} the men & women serving in our armed forces and their families

3} Bobby- a missionary in Haiti who was flown back to the states with a broken back

4} Holly- recently gave birth to a son

5} Hailey- has Hodgkin’s lymphoma and is unable to work due to it

6} Margo- recovering from a stroke

7} Dan- has Leukemia & an inoperable brain tumor, the tumors in his stomach and lung have been removed successfully

8} Christine- recently gave birth by an emergency C-section and her new son is in critical condition

9} Living Waters A/G looking for a youth pastor with a vision to reach the youth

10} Dennis- having problems breathing

11} The Holm Family- death of a loved one from cancer

12} The DeRien Family- death of a loved one

13} The Fraley family- death of a loved one

14} Eugene- is battling cancer

15} Schimmica- husband is having an affair

16} Kevin- has some serious dental problems and is recovering from emergency oral surgery

17} Faith- is hospitalized after a heart attack and partial amputation of right foot, has a serious infection in heart, lungs and kidneys and is back on dialysis

18} Chantella- is expecting her 1st baby in the spring

19} Julianne- having difficulty with her pregnancy

20} Marc- family problems

21} Tom- problems with weight control

22} Achan- has HIV, an infection in her lungs and gall bladder is shutting down

23} Rick- has bulging disc in his back

24} Noah- a toddler having complications from heart surgery, has a very high fever

25} Frank- fighting depression

26} Gloria- hospitalized after passing out at work

27} Chaplain Sam- recovering from eye surgery

28} Chaplain Jay- preparing for a missionary trip to Uganda next year

29} For all the unspoken and personal requests that people have

30} For us at Highway Mission Outreach that we will continue have the doors opened to share the gospel and the needed finances to carry out the ministry of the mission and as we plant The Cross-Roads Chapel

31} For Michael Frankland, Gill Ainsworth, Mark Ainsworth, Tracy Ainsworth, Tony Wood, Eileen Walsh, and Elaine - break down strongholds in their lives

"Hold Us Together" - Matt Maher

Opening Our Hearts to God


Psa. 19:14 - May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable before You, O Jehovah, my rock and my Redeemer.

Acts 13:22-23 - And when He had deposed him, He raised up David for them as king, to whom also He testified and said, I have found David, the son of Jesse, a man according to My heart, who will do all My will. (23) From this man's seed, God, according to promise, brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus.


~~~~~ Words of Ministry ~~~~~


Both of the above passages are related to David. Psalm 19:14
is a prayer of David, while Acts 13:22-23 is a description of
David. In David's prayer, there are the “words of my mouth”
and the “meditation of my heart,” or the thoughts of the
heart. He prayed that he would not only be kept in his words
outwardly, but also be acceptable to God in his thoughts
inwardly. The words of the mouth are an expression of the
thoughts of the heart. The heart is the root problem.

Whether or not one outwardly says the right words is not the basic problem. Whether or not one has an outward attitude in his speaking that is right is also not the basic problem. The
thoughts of the heart are the basic problem. The thoughts of
the heart constitute the root problem and cannot be overlooked. David did not merely pray, “God, may the words of my mouth be acceptable before You.” He added to the prayer, “May the meditation of my heart be acceptable before You.”

David's prayer was for the thoughts of his heart to be
acceptable before God. This is why Paul could later testify
that David was a man according to the Lord's heart. A person
who is according to God's heart allows God to touch his heart. If you will not allow God to touch your heart, it will be hard for you to be one who is according to His heart.

Many Christians ask, “Why is it wrong for me to do this? Why
is it wrong for me to say this? Why is it wrong for me to
express myself this way?” Brothers and sisters, whether or
not you are doing the right thing, saying the right thing, or
expressing yourself the right way is not the real problem.

Rather, is your heart right when you are doing such a thing,
saying such a word, or expressing yourself in such a way?
What is the condition of your heart? What is the condition of
the root? Even if you are right in every outward thing, it is
still possible for your heart to be wrong. God is touching the condition of your heart and asking about it. He allows many winds and waves to beat upon His children for this very reason.

He uses these things to touch your heart and to expose the condition of your heart.

Why was God harsher in O.T.? - by John Piper

Thy Redeemer


By C.H. Spurgeon


"For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called" (Isaiah 54:5).

JESUS, the Redeemer, is altogether ours and ours for ever. All the offices of Christ are held on our behalf. He is king for us, priest for us, and prophet for us. Whenever we read a new title of the Redeemer, let us appropriate Him as ours under that name as much as under any other. The shepherd's staff, the father's rod, the captain's sword, the priest's mitre, the prince's sceptre, the prophet's mantle, all are ours.

Jesus hath no dignity which He will not employ for our exaltation, and no prerogative which He will not exercise for our defence. His fulness of Godhead is our unfailing, inexhaustible treasure-house. His manhood also, which he took upon him for us, is ours in all its perfection. To us our gracious Lord communicates the spotless virtue of a stainless character; to us he gives the meritorious efficacy of a devoted life; on us he bestows the reward procured by obedient submission and incessant service. He makes the unsullied garment of his life our covering beauty; the glittering virtues of his character our ornaments and jewels; and the superhuman meekness of his death our boast and glory. He bequeaths us his manger, from which to learn how God came down to man; and his Cross to teach us how man may go up to God. All His thoughts, emotions, actions, utterances, miracles, and intercessions, were for us.

He trod the road of sorrow on our behalf, and hath made over to us as his heavenly legacy the full results of all the labours of his life. He is now as much ours as heretofore; and he blushes not to acknowledge himself "our Lord Jesus Christ," though he is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords. Christ everywhere and every way is our Christ, for ever and ever most richly to enjoy. O my soul, by the power of the Holy Spirit, call him this morning, "thy Redeemer."


Send us your prayer requests:

Send us your prayer requests:
(by clicking on the link above)

FREE Book: “Desiring God” by John Piper

Prison Ministry:

On Monday evenings, I have the unique priveledge of visiting the Greenville Detention Center. Scripture, bible lessons, tracts, bibles, Daily Breads, bible studies, testimonies, and prayers are shared. Please keep these men in your continued prayers as we continue studying Paul's letter to the Romans: Jonathan, Lenita, David Anderson, Luke Elmore, Eric Hall, Leslie Mashburn, Keith Rollins, Billy, Jared Rhines, Quinton Brown, Jeremiah Hendrix, Chris Osbourne, Jermain Cheech, Quincy Massey, and Leo Clarence.

Thank you for your support and continued prayers for these new believers and this ministry!

In His vineyard,


We Shall Worship the Lord!


By John Piper


Do you delight more and more in the majesty and glory of God? Does your heart incline to worship God more consistently and intelligently and earnestly and intensely today than it did five years ago?

Is your love for your brothers and sisters in Christ abounding more and more so that you use your gifts more and more effectively to strengthen their faith and stir them up to love and good works?

And do you feel a greater burden for the lost? Are your prayers for unbelieving relatives and friends more consistent and earnest? Are your efforts to give a reason for the hope that is in you more bold, less ashamed? Are you becoming a world Christian with a zeal for the final mission thrust of the church to reach the hidden peoples?


If you can answer yes, we are making progress as a church. If not, we are failing in those areas. But at least we have goal and a definite Biblical theology behind it.

But it is not new. Listen to the way another pastor and teacher describes the meaning of membership in the church:

Membership, therefore, involves a personal obligation to promote the objects of the body as expressed in the covenant.

These objects are three:

1. The social, united worship of God...
2. The perpetuation and diffusion of the gospel...
3. The sanctification of its own members...

The church, thus comprehensive in its scope, looks upward to God, outward upon the needs of a lost world, and inward to the processes of sanctification in the souls of its own members; the neglect of any one of these grand objects of its organization imperils its whole design.

This is our philosophy of ministry. The quote is from Hezekiah Harvey, who was born in England in 1821 (The Church, 1879, reprint 1982, pp.35-36.). There is nothing modern or trendy about the priorities of our church. They have been around for two thousand years. They are tried and true, and it shouldn't bother us at all that they are not new.


Over 200 Free Resources for Church Leaders:

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

*~*Prayer Requests for 11/13/09:

((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))

Humility is a paradox. The moment you think you've finally found it, you've lost it. There has yet to be written a book intitled, "Humility and How I Achieved It." And yet, God expects (and rewards) an attitude of servant-like humility in His followers.

((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))

One Year at Thanksgiving . . .


My mom went to my sister's house
for the traditional feast.
Knowing how gullible my sister is,
my mom decided to play a trick.

She told my sister that she
needed something from the store.

When my sister left,
my mom took the turkey out of the oven,
removed the stuffing,
stuffed a Cornish hen,
and inserted it into the turkey,
and re-stuffed the turkey.
She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.

When it was time for dinner,
my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven
and proceeded to remove the stuffing.
When her serving spoon hit something,
she reached in and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face!
My mother exclaimed,
"Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!"
At the reality of this horrifying news,
my sister started to cry.

It took the family two hours
to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!

Yep.................SHE'S BLONDE!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ESV Study Bible Notes:

Crossway is excited to give you the gift of FREE access to the ESV Online Study Bible for 30 days!

Register to access the ESV Study Bible notes or save your personal notes and highlights.

Visit: http://www.esvstudybible.org/promos/Christmas2009

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Special Prayer Request**

Noah Biorkman is a 5yr old boy who is in his last stages of neuroblastoma cancer after a 2 1/2 year battle. His family is celebrating Christmas next week and all he wants are Christmas cards. Lets try and see how many we can get to him from all over the world please. His address is 1141 Fountain View Circle, South Lyon MI 48178. Please re-post this as your status and let's ask God to heal him while we are at it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hi friend,

Please keep the following individuals in your prayers:

1) "I'm looking for a place to live and prefer a rural location. I found a small island in Maine that I am interested in. There are no cars on the Island, it's 6 miles from - and I can take a ferry there. There is a house available and the owners are a bit gun shy about renting to own in case I change my mind. I don't forsee that happening. I was wondering if you could pray that God provides a rural place for me to live and that I can get the money to move. Also that my card business and my -Quest business start to do well. Please pray that I make a wise choice and that God finds a house for me. I know there are no perfect houses but there is a house that is perfect for me. I really like the idea of the island and have looked up a neurologist in - I just need a different place and I think maybe it's my time to expand." -Heidi;

2) Ana asks for our prayers. She writes, "I am in a lot of emotional pain right now. I am extremely depressed. I am feeling extreme loneliness, I'm in love with a man who is not in love with me, I am facing the fact that I may never have children (b/c I'm getting older (late 30's) and don't have a partner), and am extremely disatisfied with many aspects of my life... I fear that my mood will not improve and that my life will continue to feel meaningless and lack any sense of fulfillment. I pray that clarity and peace come my way, and that I can begin to feel that my wishes of having a life partner and children with the person I love will come true...";

3) "My 16-year-old daughter, Olivia, has been battling depression and now substance abuse issues. She went from being the model student/citizen to the opposite end of the spectrum. She's confused. She's scared. She's obviously down and out. I had no choice but to use tough love this time and had her placed in foster care with eventual treatment on the horizon. I need a God-given miracle that she is saved from any additional despair and gets on the right track to a happy, healthy lifestyle." -Lori;

4) Paula writes: "My moher literally, it seems worried herself to death, at least to an early grave. my prayer is for peace and to Trust God, for my siblings, realtives and myself who are still grieving---i now believe mother has found love and peace, finally. I pray God in the name of Jesus deliver me from anger and the aweful things that have been done to me on the my job because of access of my private medical records, and subsequent harsh and prejudicial treatment because of the condition-i pray God teach me to Love the unlovable and find peace and forgiveness and peace in lifes storms ...";

5) "Please keep my Sons, Private William -, Private Mark -, Lance Corporal Paul -and all Military troops in your prayers, for strength and courage and that they all come home safe from Afghanistan. Also for those of us at home scared but proud, to have the strengh to support them and get thru the raelly difficult time. Thank You." -Jil;

6) Chispa asks for our prayers. She writes, "Please pray for my son Jowi. He struggles with depression, anxiety, stress. He is going through a difficult financial situation. Please pray that God can heal him spiritually, mentally and emotionally. And also that God blesses him in his new job so that he can support himself and pays for his bills and expenses. I also ask that you pray for me as I go through this trial that God gives me strength, peace and direction. Thank you so much and God bless you.";

7) "Please pray for my 20 year old son. He has problems with alcohol and drugs, but continues to deny it. He won't go to college classes, continually lies, and is currently not living with us any more. I pray that God will touch his heart and give hime the strength and determination to change his life and help him find his integrity again." -Judy;

8) Allison asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes: "Pray that I can rise out of this whole my life has become. My marriage is at the worst place it could be, my husband only sees and does what is absolutely necessary to survive for that day...he is good, kind, etc but we are way off on where we should be. Our finances from him being out of work over a year and getting a job that does not pay, me being out of work close to a year, a child in college, a teenager who is desparately trying to help out by doing yards and me fighting depression. I get by every day and have many things to be thankful for...but need help.";

9) "Please pray Satori passes her Stage 2 aviation verbal exam with Missy. It is quite important that this test is passed on the first attempt, as there are 36 applicants competing with her for the same helicopter pilot job. Also, please pray for Satori's comrades, that all those who are worthy will also find employment situations after graduation. Thank you for your prayers." -AN;

10) Pamela writes, "Please pray for my son Mark who is a POlice Office for God's protection in his life and also for the other Officers that works with him. Thank you.";

11) "Please pray the lord will keep my grandchildren safe and send them back home soon. A judge gave my son temp. custody 5 yrs ago, since then it has expired, but my son continued on like the judge had set things up. Things have been fine unitl the middle of July. She took the children for their visit and will not bring them home. She is a drug addict, has a criminal record (on probation now - felony), has had SS called on her numerous times over her oldest son (not ours) he is in therapy now for situations she has put this child in. She also is in therapy. She breaks the law and gets a slap on the wrist every time. She knows she can do whatever she wants and the law will not do nothing. This has been proved many times with her. She has taken them before and left the state. But the law does nothing. My son has filed for custody he is not working right now so I had to sell something my dead husband gave me to pay for a lawyer, but it is worth it and I know my husband would agree. We have to go to the boys school to see them They ask can we bring them home with us and we have to tell them soon. My son is having panic attacks caused by stress. He has never been sick like this before. Please pray the lord will bring our boys home soon. For their sake and my sons. I know he's here and I know the devil can't defeat him. Thank you all and God bless you all." -Debbie;

12) Tam asks for our prayers. She writes, "Father God, Thank You for this day. Lord, Gwendolyn is having surgery for congestive heart failure today be with her and her doctors. See her through her surgery and her recovery. Also, her granddaughter Elizabeth is very concerned and tired from long travels, bring her peace of mind and heart. In Jesus Name. Amen.";

13) "Thank you for prayer. My daughter got a continuance on her court case. Please pray for God to guide her lawyer so that she can get her ex husband's visitation rights removed. He is constantly lying and putting the child in danger. He is trying to get my daughter in trouble with the law so he can get out of child support." -AN;

14) Dave asks for our prayers. He writes, "My sister in law husband is very sick from Leukemia. His name is Dave M. Please pray for a miracle that he beats this and fully recovers. Thank You.";

15) "Please pray for the Lord's healing of eyes so that my vision would be free from any diseases of cataracts, glaucoma, or macular degeneration and that I would be able to have good vision on a permanent basis. In Jesus name. Much appreciation, Mary Jane.";

16) "I'm diagnosed with depression. I am so worried about finances, things at work, and relationships. Please God. I need you." -LAA;

17) Manuel and Maria asks for your prayers. They write, "due to problems in our marriage my wife was unfaithful and committed adultery and is in adultery now. it has been very painful&confusing for me and my girls. we were married fifteen years. please pray God would remove this judgement from my life. She is the only woman i have ever loved. that God would open her eyes and change her heart and mind, just like need to change my mind & heart also. I desire my marriage restored today. Need your prayers.";

18) "Please pray for kathleen that she can bring unity to library and that the board will listen to her suggestions and see how much she cares. thanks you help molly and mario recover completely , please let maria recover fast and find angels all around her at rehab center, thank you." -Carol;

19) Mick asks to be remembered in our prayers. He writes: "Hi, Thank you for this precious ministry. Please pray for 4 of my sons who have strayed far from the Lord.";

20) "Please pray for my family we our house has been forclosed on and went to sheriffs sale we are still living in the house but tomorrow the judge will decide how long we haved to get out of the house we do not have anywhere to go we have a bid on a house but it is a short sale and it takes longer than the regular sales please pray that we will have the time to find somewhere to live before we get thrown out thank you and God Bless you." -Diane; and lastly...

21) "After three months, incredible warfare and many hours, I feel confident that phase one has been completed. Thank you all who have been praying for me and for your time and consideration in taking time to check out the site. All feedback is welcomed and encouraged. If the Lord leads, please pass on the link to those whom you think would be blessed by it. I cannot thank you all enough for your thoughts and prayers: as always, there is still tremendous opposition and attack, but we are learning to count it all joy for Jesus, still we desperately need your agreement for the victory our Lord has promised. In Christ Jesus, Gigi (aka "Ezriel Josephina Perez", my spiritual name and pen name from the Lord, it means in Hebrew: "God is my help"- "The Lord May Add"- "The Breakthrough")" **Visit: www.propheticwatch.org .


**God bless you for caring enough to pray!!!**

........................................

A real friend is always and under all circumstances a friend (Proverbs 17:17a).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*~*Spotlight Sites*~*

www.emailministry.webs.com
www.propheticwatch.org

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The quick and easy way to manage and host a blog advertising site with minimal work involved!!

Blogging is the new hot thing in the internet and you can now start pulling in profits with this versatile automated blog script. Run your own Blog Advertising Service.

Easy to install, setup and maintain.

Visit: http://paydotcom.com/r/12380/lit4u

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

THE WIDOW'S SON RAISED -
A PICTURE OF MONERGISM (Part 1 of 2)
By Dr. R. L. Hymers, Jr.


"Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people of the city was with her. And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not. And he came and touched the bier [the coffin]: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother" (Luke 7:12-15).

The New Testament only records three instances of Jesus raising people from the dead during His earthly ministry. There may have been a few more such cases, but they are not given in the four gospels. We must not have the idea that Jesus raised everyone who died in Israel during His ministry among us. He raised Jairus' daughter; He raised Lazarus; and He raised this woman, the widow of Nain's son. Those are the only three instances of Him raising people from the dead recorded in the four gospels.

Dr. J. Vernon McGee said,

These three instances are examples…from the three age groups: a child [Jairus' daughter], a young man [this widow's son]; and an adult man [Lazarus] (J. Vernon McGee, Th.D., Thru the Bible, Thomas Nelson, 1983, volume IV, p. 276).

Now let us think about this particular miracle - the raising of the widow of Nain's son from the dead. Christ and His disciples went into the city of Nain. As they walked along the road through the village they met a funeral procession. Many people followed the coffin as it was carried by several men down the street. The mother of the young man was weeping profusely. Many of those in the funeral procession would also have been weeping and wailing loudly, as was the regular custom of the Jews (cf. Luke 8:52). Jesus had compassion on this widowed woman. The young man who died was her only son. Jesus knew she would be destitute without him to care and provide for her. There were no "social services" in those days, no Social Security, no Medicare, no free apartments or houses. Without her only son to provide for her she was left alone, with no one to care for her or help her. It was a tragic situation for this poor woman, and our text tells us,

"When the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her" (Luke 7:13).

Jesus came and touched the coffin. Then He said, "Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother"
(Luke 7:14-15).

She must have felt unspeakable joy to see her dead son rise from the dead at Jesus' command. She had been rescued from a life of drudgery and despair. Her son was alive again, and would now go home to work and take care of his widowed mother. I will draw three simple lessons from this wonderful miracle of resurrection.

I. First, why Christ raised this young man from the dead.

He certainly did so out of compassionate sympathy for the young man's mother. That is clear from the text.

"And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her"
(Luke 7:13).

But, as Dr. McGee said, the three instances given in the gospels of Jesus raising the dead "are examples…from the three age groups: a child [Jairus' daughter], a young man [this widow's son]; and an adult man [Lazarus]." I agree that they are examples. But examples of what? I believe that these three resurrections Christ performed were actually examples of the new birth and conversion. In his great exposition of the correlation between baptism and the new birth, the Apostle Paul said,

"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:4).

In this passage of Scripture, in Romans six, the Apostle tells us that water baptism is only the outward sign of the inner resurrection that occurs when a sinner is born again. Like Christ his Saviour, the sinner is "raised up from the dead [to] walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:4).

To understand the importance of this young man's resurrection from the dead, we must understand that it is a picture, a type, of the spiritual resurrection that occurs when anyone is resurrected from spiritual death by the new birth and conversion.

I believe that this is the reason Jesus raised these three people, as recorded in the gospels: a child [Jairus' daughter]; a young man [the widow of Nain's son] and Lazarus [an adult]. You see, this shows that Jesus can give you salvation through the new birth whether you are a child, a young person, or an adult. No matter what age you are, Jesus can regenerate you from spiritual death, and give you new life.

Make no mistake here. If you are still unconverted, no matter how good you are, or how religious you are, you are dead in the sight of God and in your own experience as well. The Apostle Paul spoke of his own dead spiritual condition prior to conversion when he said,

"O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" (Romans 7:24).

In the next chapter of Romans, the Apostle tells us,

"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be" (Romans 8:6-7).

These verses do not refer to the modern notion of "carnal" and "spiritual" Christians. That idea came in as a direct result of the false theories and practices of "decisionism" that filtered down to us from the days of Charles G. Finney, the Pelagianist evangelist, who did so much to undo the Reformation doctrines of grace and replace them with the works and obedience of lost sinners in gaining their own salvation. No, Paul is not speaking of "carnal" and "spiritual" Christians at all. He plainly says, "To be carnally minded is death." And he goes on to say that the carnal mind is so dead to the things of God that "it cannot be subject to the law of God." It is impossible to please God in an unconverted condition. He says so in the very next verse,

"So they that are in the flesh cannot please God" (Romans 8:8).

The unconverted person cannot please God, no matter what he does because he is spiritually dead. "To be carnally minded is death."

So strong are the chains that hold an unconverted person that they are "by nature the children of wrath" (Ephesians 2:3).

The unconverted person is "dead in sins" (Ephesians 2:5).

Before conversion, the sinner is dead spiritually, unable in any way to please God, chained up in his sin nature, inherited from Adam, and by his very inward nature a child "of wrath" (Ephesians 2:3).

Furthermore, this dead spiritual nature of unsaved man is so horribly strong that he cannot do anything whatever to free himself from its grip. He is "in sin," enslaved to sin, "dead in trespasses and sins" (Ephesians 2:1). Theologians call this deadly condition of the natural, carnal, unconverted man "total depravity." Man in this state has no light, and no strength of his own to break out of his enslavement. This is a perfect picture (in fact it typifies) the condition of every lost person on earth.

Christ raised the widow of Nain's son from the dead to dramatically show that man cannot save himself, or even contribute one thing to his own salvation.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IS GOD'S WILL MY WILL?
By Oswald Chambers


"This is the will of God, even your sanctification." 1 Thessalonians 4:3

It is not a question of whether God is willing to sanctify me; is it my will? Am I willing to let God do in me all that has been made possible by the Atonement? Am I willing to let Jesus be made sanctification to me, and to let the life of Jesus be manifested in my mortal flesh? Beware of saying - Oh, I am longing to be sanctified. You are not, stop longing and make it a matter of transaction - "Nothing in my hands I bring." Receive Jesus Christ to be made sanctification to you in implicit faith, and the great marvel of the Atonement of Jesus will be made real in you. All that Jesus made possible is made mine by the free loving gift of God on the ground of what He performed, my attitude as a saved and sanctified soul is that of profound humble holiness (there is no such thing as proud holiness), a holiness based on agonizing repentance and a sense of unspeakable shame and degradation; and also on the amazing realization that the love of God commended itself to me in that while I cared nothing about Him, He completed everything for my salvation and sanctification (see Rom. 5:8. R.V.). No wonder Paul says nothing is "able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Sanctification makes me one with Jesus Christ, and in Him one with God, and it is done only through the superb Atonement of Christ. Never put the effect as the cause. The effect in me is obedience and service and prayer, and is the out come of speechless thanks and adoration for the marvellous sanctification wrought out in me because of the Atonement.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chocolate Brownies
LighthousePrayerLine.org


Many parents are hard pressed to explain to their youth why some music, movies, books, and magazines are not acceptable material for them to bring into the home or to listen to or see.

One parent came up with an original idea that is hard to refute. The father listened to all the reasons his children gave for wanting to see a particular PG-13 movie. It had their favorite actors. Everyone else was seeing it. Even church members said it was great. It was only rated PG-13 because of the suggestion of sex--they never really showed it. The language was pretty good--the Lord's name was only used in vain three times in the whole movie.

The teens did admit there was a scene where a building and a bunch of people were blown up, but the violence was just the normal stuff. It wasn't too bad. And, even if there were a few minor things, the special effects were fabulous and the plot was action packed.

However, even with all the justifications the teens made for the 13' rating, the father still wouldn't give in. He didn't even give his children a satisfactory explanation for saying, "No." He just said, "No!"

A little later on that evening the father asked his teens if they would like some brownies he had baked. He explained that he'd taken the family's favorite recipe and added a little something new. The children asked what it was.

The father calmly replied that he had added dog poop. However, he quickly assured them, it was only a little bit. All other ingredients were gourmet quality and he had taken great care to bake the brownies at the precise temperature for the exact time. He was sure the brownies would be superb.

Even with their father's promise that the brownies were of almost perfect quality, the teens would not take any. The father acted surprised. After all, it was only one small part that was causing them to be so stubborn. He was certain they would hardly notice it. Still the teens held firm and would not try the brownies.

The father then told his children how the movie they wanted to see was just like the brownies. Our minds deceive us into believing that just a little bit of evil won't matter. But, the truth is even a little bit of poop makes the difference between a great treat and something disgusting and totally unacceptable.

The father went on to explain that even though the movie industry would have us believe that most of today's movies are acceptable fare for adults and youth, they are not.

Now, when this father's children want to see something that is of questionable material, the father merely asks them if they would like some of his special dog poop brownies.

~ That closes the subject!!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just Do it.
By Bill Keller


Jesus said in Mark 9:23, "Everything is possible for him who believes."

The Nike sporting goods company used a very simple but powerful phrase in one of their recent ad campaigns, "Just do it." This is going to be a little different Devotional today. I want to take a moment right now before you do anything else and simply ask the Lord to open your heart to hear this message today since it has to do with faith. Now, let me ask you a question. What is something that you have always dreamed of but have never done? Maybe it is to see a certain place or do a certain thing. What is something that you have always dreamed of but have never done?

The writer of Hebrews defines faith in Hebrews 11:1 as, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Note the key words in this definition are SURE and CERTAIN. True Biblical faith is not something we simply hope for, but we are SURE of what we hope for. True Biblical faith is not just a blind leap into the dark, we are CERTAIN of what we do not see. That is why Jesus told us that, "EVERYTHING is possible for him who believes." Not a few things, not certain things, not most things . . . EVERYTHING!

Today, I want to challenge your faith and encourage you to fulfill your dreams. As I share with you often, this journey through life is very short. It is over before we even know it. We know the Bible teaches us that tomorrow is promised to none of us, that each day is literally a gift from God. We must treat each day as the precious gift it is and make the most of it. Too many people live their lives in those "ruts." You get comfortable in making life work for you on a daily basis and get locked into a routine that you rarely if ever deviate from. You complain how boring life is, how unexciting life is, when the problem is not life but the way you choose to live it each day!

Over these past 20 years, I have ministered to and walked with hundreds of people from 10 to 97 in the final days of their life. In almost every case the person shared with me their regrets about things they had always wanted to do but didn't, places they had always wanted to see but never went. Now, in their final hours of this life they felt bad for not having taken the time or made the effort to see and do all of the things they had wanted to do.

Let me ask you again, what is something that you have always dreamed of but have never done?

Here is my word for you today, my challenge. Sit down with a paper and pen and answer the above question on the paper. Write down what it is you have dreamed of but never done. Maybe you always wanted to see the Great Wall of China. Write it down. Maybe you have always wanted to learn how to ride a horse. Write it down. There is not one person reading these words today that doesn't have something you have always wanted to do or some place you have always wanted to visit. Everyone has a dream they have not seen fulfilled.

After you have written down what it is you have always dreamed of, take that paper and pray over it. Pray in faith that God is going to let you see your dream come true. God is not some magic genie in a lamp that we rub and make wishes to. However, God is the One who promised that, "Everything is possible for him who believes." God is the One who promised to, "Give you the desires of your heart." As a follower of Jesus Christ you have very right to hold God to His promises. There is no dream that is too big for God!!!

This journey through life is exciting, exhilarating, and can be a wonderful experience. What I find in so many lives I deal with each day is that they have allowed the trials and tribulations of this life to overwhelm them to the point they have stopped dreaming. They are simply content with not living in turmoil and have forgot how to dream, let alone believe their dreams can come true.

Your life, just like your relationship with the Lord will be exactly what you choose it to be. We ALL have to face the problems that life throws our way. That is simply part of living in this sin-filled and fallen world. There are always problems, things that don't go the way we expect or like. The key is do you allow the problems of life to choke off your joy? Do you allow the trials you face to steal your peace. Do you allow the challenges of life to rob you of the abundance Christ promised you?

I love you and care about you so much. I want to encourage you to start living each day in faith, the faith that "everything is possible for him who believes." That doesn't just mean being victorious over the day-to-day trials of this life, but seeing your dreams fulfilled as well. I want to encourage you today to take the piece of paper you have written down whatever you have always dreamed about and work to make your dream a reality! God will help you.

Don't listen to the liar satan tell you don't have the money, you don't have the time, it can't be done, or any other lie he will tell you to discourage you. Who are you going to believe, the liar who says your dream won't come true or God who promised you that "everything is possible?"

This message today is MUCH deeper than just challenging you to make your dream come true. Once you do whatever it is you have dreamed about, once you make that dream a reality, you are going to want to make your next dream come true. After you see that dream become a reality, you will want to make the next dream come true. Over time, you are not just living life, you are making the most of each day and instead of simply dreaming, YOU ARE LIVING YOUR DREAMS EACH DAY!

Jesus promised us, "Everything is possible for him who believes."

Don't dream it, DO IT!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

THE WIDOW'S SON RAISED -
A PICTURE OF MONERGISM (Part 2 of 2)
By Dr. R. L. Hymers, Jr.


II. Second, what this means theologically.

There are several of you here tonight who are as dead in sin as this young man in the coffin. The world to you is a coffin - carrying you along until you are finally buried, dead in sins, to await the Last Judgment, and the punishment you will receive in the lake of fire for eternity.

There are three theories in theology of how you can escape the lost condition you are in. The first is Pelagianism. This theory says you are not dead at all; and that you can change your own heart and become a Christian. The Pelagian evangelist Finney preached a very famous sermon which proclaims this view. The very title of this landmark Finney sermon reveals his Pelagian error. It is called, "Sinners Bound to Change Their Own Hearts." There is no need for the intervention of God's grace in Finney's Pelagian view. Man simply "changes his choice" and "changes his own heart." There is little if any place in his thought for God to be the one who resurrects the dead sinner. Tell that to the dead man in the coffin! I say he was so dead there was nothing whatever he could do to change himself back to life!

The second idea of how a lost man can escape from his lost condition is called "synergism," or "semi-Pelagianism." It admits that man is in a ruined and fearful state - but it holds that there is still something within the sinner that can respond to God in Christ, and help the lost man to save himself. Most modern evangelists have modified Finney's pure Pelagianism to this position, called "synergism" or "semi-Pelagianism." But this view is just as wrong as Pelagianism. Ask the dead man that Christ raised! "Was there anything in you that helped you to be resurrected? Did you do anything to help yourself be resurrected?" What would he have said? He certainly would have said, "No. I was dead. Christ did it all."

Christ does it all. That is the third position. It is called "monergism." That is what the Bible teaches.

"[We] were by nature the children of wrath…But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us [made us alive] together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;), and hath raised us up together…" (Ephesians 2:3-6).

That is monergism! That is salvation by the power of God in Christ alone! That is salvation by God's grace alone, without any admixture of human effort!

Jesus spoke directly to the dead body of this young man.

"And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak" (Luke 7:14-15).

What happened to this dead man? Why, he was instantly "alive from the dead" (Romans 6:13)!

He was instantly "quickened…together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)" (Ephesians 2:5).

"Even so in Christ shall all be made alive" (I Corinthians 15:22).

"Alive from the dead" - instantly - by the power of God in Christ! That's the new birth! That's what it means!

"Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak" (Luke 7:14-15).

This is for you also. Jesus said, "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again" (John 3:7).

Dr. John R. Rice correctly said,

That word "again" is Greek anothen, and it should be "born from above"…Jesus is insisting on not just a new dedication, or a new course of action, but one should be born miraculously "from above," born of God (John R. Rice, D.D., The Son of God, A Commentary on the Gospel According to John, Sword of the Lord, 1976, p. 67).

"Ye must be born again," that is, "born from above" - by the power of God in Christ, not by your own efforts.

I am afraid that Dr. John MacArthur introduces elements of synergism (semi-Pelagianism) in his book, Hard to Believe (Thomas Nelson, 2003). For instance, he says, "Becoming a Christian means…affirming your commitment to the Lordship of Christ to the point where you are willing to forsake everything" (pp. 132-133). He says that's what you do when "Becoming a Christian." Did this young man do that? Did he make a "commitment to the Lordship of Christ to the point where [he was] willing to forsake everything"? I don't see it in our text. It simply tells us,

"And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak" (Luke 7:14-15).

This young man didn't learn the "plan of salvation." He didn't say a "sinner's prayer." He didn't "come forward" at an altar call. He didn't raise his hand or sign a "decision" card, saying he wanted to be saved. He didn't get baptized. He didn't get "slain in the Spirit." And he certainly didn't "affirm [his] commitment to the Lordship of Christ to the point where [he was] willing to forsake everything" (MacArthur, ibid.). This young man did nothing to contribute to his own salvation. There was absolutely no synergism involved. The man did nothing to save himself. His salvation was totally monergistic - completely the work of God in Christ - with no human work involved.

"And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak" (Luke 7:14-15).

He certainly was one of the early Christians who followed Christ, His Lord, to the point of discipleship all his days after that. But such a commitment played no part whatever in his resurrection from the dead, his new birth and conversion. Discipleship flowed out of his resurrection - but played no part in the actual resurrection itself. We are "created in Christ Jesus unto good works" (Ephesians 2:10).

But the "good works" do not have any part in being "created." That is the work of God in Christ alone. The other is synergism, semi-Pelagianism, in effect, no different from Finney, although the theology may appear more orthodox. Even though the theology is orthodox, the practical application is semi-Pelagian. Sinners must be "created in Christ Jesus unto good works," not the other way around!

"And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak" (Luke 7:14-15).

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour" (Titus 3:5-6).

"But God…even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace ye are saved;)" (Ephesians 2:4-5).

"And he said, young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother" (Luke 7:14-15).

III. Third, what this means to you.

If you are still lost, it means that you cannot learn how to be saved. A dead person cannot learn how to be alive, can he? Do you think you could stand over a coffin and teach a dead body how to come to life? Surely you're not that foolish, are you? So, you must not think that way about yourself. You don't want to be "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (II Timothy 3:7),

do you? You don't want to go on and on learning about salvation but remaining dead in sin, do you? Well, then, give up the idea that you need to learn more. You know enough already, if you have come to this church for a week or two. It isn't learning that you need. It's resurrection - born from above. And only Jesus Christ, Himself, can give you that, by His grace alone.

It also means that you cannot depend on your feelings. Do you think that this young man wondered what it felt like to be resurrected? We don't know what he thought. All that we know is that he heard the voice of Jesus, "Young man, I say unto thee, Arise" (Luke 7:14).

He did not look inwardly to see if he felt "right" or not. Oh, no! He simply did what Jesus told him to do. Jesus said, "Arise,"

"And he that was dead sat up" (Luke 7:15).

"But," you say, "I couldn't do that!" Why not? If Jesus calls you tonight, you will do it. It will surprise you how easy it was. After all of your fears of failing, and fears of not "getting it right," you will simply come to Jesus. And, you'll think, "Why, that was so simple - so easy!" Of course, because it was not by your power, but

"According to the power that worketh in us" (Ephesians 3:20).

"For it is God which worketh in you…" (Philippians 2:13).

"And he said, young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak" (Luke 7:14-15).

What did he say? We are not told - but we can give an educated guess. And I think that he was thankful. "Thank you, Jesus, for raising me from the dead. Thank you, Jesus, for giving me back to my mother. She prayed for me so long. She wept and prayed, and feared that she would be left all alone, because I was lost and dead. But now you have given me back to her, to care for her. Thank you, Jesus."

There is a Christian mother here tonight who will not tell you so - but inside she fears that you will leave her too. She weeps and prays for you, but you never see it. In her heart she is afraid. She will never tell you that - but she is afraid that you will leave her, and leave the church, and leave God some day.

You must be saved - if not for your sake, for your mother's sake! There are young people here tonight who have a Christian mother. She has worked long and selflessly for you. She nursed you when you were a helpless baby. She taught you the first words you spoke. She worked so hard to buy you clothes and fix your meals and keep your room clean. And now you are grown, and she weeps and prays for you in secret. She is so afraid. She never tells you so - but she is so afraid that you will leave her all alone some day. When she is alone, she prays, "Oh, God I'm so afraid my boy will not be saved. I'm so afraid he will go wrong, and not be saved, and leave me all alone."

"There was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow…And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not. And he came and touched the [coffin]: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother" (Luke 7:12-15).

You may not care about your own soul tonight. But what about your mother? Do you love your mother? Do you care about what happens in her heart? If you love your mother, "I say unto you, Arise," and come to Jesus for her sake. Wait no longer. Come to Jesus now. "And he delivered him to his mother." Oh, I beg you, let your poor, hardworking little mother know that her life was not wasted, that she has a Christian son who will always be there to care for her.

Whether your mother is a Christian or not, you are her hope in this world. My own mother was not a Christian - but I knew that I was her only hope. I knew that if I didn't become a Christian and get things straightened out for her, she had no hope. My mother finally did get saved, but she never would have if I hadn't led the way.

Young person, boy or girl, come to Jesus tonight. If not for your own sake, come to Him for the sake of your mother. Come to life in Christ so you can care for her. "And he delivered him to his mother."

President William McKinley was very close to his Christian mother. When his mother was dying, the President sent a telegram that said, "Tell Mother I'll be there," as he rushed on a train to be by her side when she died. Charles Fillmore turned those words into a hymn that was used for many years in evangelistic services. Listen to the words as Mr. Griffith comes to sing it again.

When I was but a little child how well I recollect
How I would grieve my mother with my folly and neglect;
And now that she has gone to Heav'n I miss her tender care:
O Saviour, tell my mother, I'll be there!

Though I was often wayward, she was always kind and good;
So patient, gentle, loving when I acted rough and rude;
My childhood griefs and trials she would gladly with me share:
O Saviour, tell my mother, I'll be there!

One day a message came to me, it bade me quickly come
If I would see my mother ere the Saviour took her home;
I promised her, before she died, for Heaven to prepare:
O Saviour, tell my mother, I'll be there!

Refrain:

Tell mother I'll be there, in answer to her prayer;
This message, blessed Saviour, to her bear!
Tell mother I'll be there, Heav'n's joys with her to share;
Yes, tell my darling mother I'll be there.
("Tell Mother I'll Be There" by Charles M. Fillmore, 1860-1952).

Come to Jesus. It will thrill your mother's heart more than anything you could do for her. Give this to your mother. Do it for her. Come to Jesus as He calls to you.

"And he said, young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother" (Luke 7:14-15).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jesus, Saviour, Pilot Me
By Edward Hopper


Jesus, Saviour, Pilot Me
Jesus, Saviour, pilot me,
Over life's tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal:
Chart and compass come from Thee:
Jesus, Saviour, pilot me.

As a mother stills her child,
Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boisterous waves obey Thy will
When thou say'st to them "Be still!"
Wondrous Sovereign of the sea,
Jesus, Saviour, pilot me.

When I last I near the shore,
And the fearful breakers roar
'Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
Then, while leaning on Thy breast,
May I hear Thee say to me,
"Fear not, I will pilot thee!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares
about you" (1 Peter 5:7 – NLT).

Be sure to send in your prayer request for the next
mailing.

You are in my thoughts and prayers! May the Lord
continue to bless you with knowledge of Himself.

May God richly bless you,


Mark Seay
Lighthouse Prayer Line
105 Quincy Drive
Greer, SC 29650
LighthousePrayerLine.org

((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))

"But in your hearts set apart CHRIST as LORD.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone
who asks you to give the reason for the hope that
you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
keeping a clear conscience, so that those who
speak maliciously against your good behavior in
Christ may be ashamed of their slander" (1 Peter
3:15-16 - NIV).

((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))((¯`»¦«´¯))
We hope you have found today's newsletter encouraging to your
walk with Jesus Christ. Please send all prayer requests and
praise reports to us by using the "comments" hyperlink, which
can be found at the end of each blog/article. God is Good!!!

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle. Please Keep This
Candle Going!

-------††††-------Please
-------††††-------Forward
-------††††-------This
††††††††††††††††Cross
††††††††††††††††Along
-------††††-------With Our
-------††††-------Newsletter.
-------††††-------Share Your
-------††††-------Love For GOD
-------††††-------With A Friend!!!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(¯`*•.(¯`*•.God is Good - ALL of the Time!!!.•*´¯).•*´¯)
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I'm just a nobody
trying to tell everybody
that there is somebody
who can save anybody!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Never get so busy doing the work of the kingdom
- that you forget who the King is.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~