Cross found on all donkeys' backs?
There is legend that the crosses on these donkeys appeared after Jesus rode one into Jerusalem (read Matthew 21:1-11). There is no evidence that this is true. The dark stripe in the form of a cross was a trait in these donkeys long before Jesus lived. However, the fact that Jesus rode a donkey into Jerusalem is very important. It fulfilled a prophecy that was spoken 500 years before Jesus lived, and showed He was the Messiah (read Matthew 21:5 and Zechariah 9:9).
Dear Prayer Partners
1} President Obama and his advisors
2} the men & women serving in our armed forces and their families
3} Bobby- a missionary in Haiti who was flown back to the states with a broken back
4} Holly- recently gave birth to a son
5} Hailey- has Hodgkin’s lymphoma and is unable to work due to it
6} Margo- recovering from a stroke
7} Dan- has Leukemia & an inoperable brain tumor, the tumors in his stomach and lung have been removed successfully
8} Christine- recently gave birth by an emergency C-section and her new son is in critical condition
9} Living Waters A/G looking for a youth pastor with a vision to reach the youth
10} Dennis- having problems breathing
11} The Holm Family- death of a loved one from cancer
12} The DeRien Family- death of a loved one
13} The Fraley family- death of a loved one
14} Eugene- is battling cancer
15} Schimmica- husband is having an affair
16} Kevin- has some serious dental problems and is recovering from emergency oral surgery
17} Faith- is hospitalized after a heart attack and partial amputation of right foot, has a serious infection in heart, lungs and kidneys and is back on dialysis
18} Chantella- is expecting her 1st baby in the spring
19} Julianne- having difficulty with her pregnancy
20} Marc- family problems
21} Tom- problems with weight control
22} Achan- has HIV, an infection in her lungs and gall bladder is shutting down
23} Rick- has bulging disc in his back
24} Noah- a toddler having complications from heart surgery, has a very high fever
25} Frank- fighting depression
26} Gloria- hospitalized after passing out at work
27} Chaplain Sam- recovering from eye surgery
28} Chaplain Jay- preparing for a missionary trip to Uganda next year
29} For all the unspoken and personal requests that people have
30} For us at Highway Mission Outreach that we will continue have the doors opened to share the gospel and the needed finances to carry out the ministry of the mission and as we plant The Cross-Roads Chapel
31} For Michael Frankland, Gill Ainsworth, Mark Ainsworth, Tracy Ainsworth, Tony Wood, Eileen Walsh, and Elaine - break down strongholds in their lives
Opening Our Hearts to God
Psa. 19:14 - May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable before You, O Jehovah, my rock and my Redeemer.
Acts 13:22-23 - And when He had deposed him, He raised up David for them as king, to whom also He testified and said, I have found David, the son of Jesse, a man according to My heart, who will do all My will. (23) From this man's seed, God, according to promise, brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus.
~~~~~ Words of Ministry ~~~~~
Both of the above passages are related to David. Psalm 19:14
is a prayer of David, while Acts 13:22-23 is a description of
David. In David's prayer, there are the “words of my mouth”
and the “meditation of my heart,” or the thoughts of the
heart. He prayed that he would not only be kept in his words
outwardly, but also be acceptable to God in his thoughts
inwardly. The words of the mouth are an expression of the
thoughts of the heart. The heart is the root problem.
Whether or not one outwardly says the right words is not the basic problem. Whether or not one has an outward attitude in his speaking that is right is also not the basic problem. The
thoughts of the heart are the basic problem. The thoughts of
the heart constitute the root problem and cannot be overlooked. David did not merely pray, “God, may the words of my mouth be acceptable before You.” He added to the prayer, “May the meditation of my heart be acceptable before You.”
David's prayer was for the thoughts of his heart to be
acceptable before God. This is why Paul could later testify
that David was a man according to the Lord's heart. A person
who is according to God's heart allows God to touch his heart. If you will not allow God to touch your heart, it will be hard for you to be one who is according to His heart.
Many Christians ask, “Why is it wrong for me to do this? Why
is it wrong for me to say this? Why is it wrong for me to
express myself this way?” Brothers and sisters, whether or
not you are doing the right thing, saying the right thing, or
expressing yourself the right way is not the real problem.
Rather, is your heart right when you are doing such a thing,
saying such a word, or expressing yourself in such a way?
What is the condition of your heart? What is the condition of
the root? Even if you are right in every outward thing, it is
still possible for your heart to be wrong. God is touching the condition of your heart and asking about it. He allows many winds and waves to beat upon His children for this very reason.
He uses these things to touch your heart and to expose the condition of your heart.
By C.H. Spurgeon
"For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called" (Isaiah 54:5).
JESUS, the Redeemer, is altogether ours and ours for ever. All the offices of Christ are held on our behalf. He is king for us, priest for us, and prophet for us. Whenever we read a new title of the Redeemer, let us appropriate Him as ours under that name as much as under any other. The shepherd's staff, the father's rod, the captain's sword, the priest's mitre, the prince's sceptre, the prophet's mantle, all are ours.
Jesus hath no dignity which He will not employ for our exaltation, and no prerogative which He will not exercise for our defence. His fulness of Godhead is our unfailing, inexhaustible treasure-house. His manhood also, which he took upon him for us, is ours in all its perfection. To us our gracious Lord communicates the spotless virtue of a stainless character; to us he gives the meritorious efficacy of a devoted life; on us he bestows the reward procured by obedient submission and incessant service. He makes the unsullied garment of his life our covering beauty; the glittering virtues of his character our ornaments and jewels; and the superhuman meekness of his death our boast and glory. He bequeaths us his manger, from which to learn how God came down to man; and his Cross to teach us how man may go up to God. All His thoughts, emotions, actions, utterances, miracles, and intercessions, were for us.
He trod the road of sorrow on our behalf, and hath made over to us as his heavenly legacy the full results of all the labours of his life. He is now as much ours as heretofore; and he blushes not to acknowledge himself "our Lord Jesus Christ," though he is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords. Christ everywhere and every way is our Christ, for ever and ever most richly to enjoy. O my soul, by the power of the Holy Spirit, call him this morning, "thy Redeemer."
Thank you for your support and continued prayers for these new believers and this ministry!
In His vineyard,
We Shall Worship the Lord!
By John Piper
Do you delight more and more in the majesty and glory of God? Does your heart incline to worship God more consistently and intelligently and earnestly and intensely today than it did five years ago?
Is your love for your brothers and sisters in Christ abounding more and more so that you use your gifts more and more effectively to strengthen their faith and stir them up to love and good works?
And do you feel a greater burden for the lost? Are your prayers for unbelieving relatives and friends more consistent and earnest? Are your efforts to give a reason for the hope that is in you more bold, less ashamed? Are you becoming a world Christian with a zeal for the final mission thrust of the church to reach the hidden peoples?
If you can answer yes, we are making progress as a church. If not, we are failing in those areas. But at least we have goal and a definite Biblical theology behind it.
But it is not new. Listen to the way another pastor and teacher describes the meaning of membership in the church:
Membership, therefore, involves a personal obligation to promote the objects of the body as expressed in the covenant.
These objects are three:
1. The social, united worship of God...
2. The perpetuation and diffusion of the gospel...
3. The sanctification of its own members...
The church, thus comprehensive in its scope, looks upward to God, outward upon the needs of a lost world, and inward to the processes of sanctification in the souls of its own members; the neglect of any one of these grand objects of its organization imperils its whole design.
This is our philosophy of ministry. The quote is from Hezekiah Harvey, who was born in England in 1821 (The Church, 1879, reprint 1982, pp.35-36.). There is nothing modern or trendy about the priorities of our church. They have been around for two thousand years. They are tried and true, and it shouldn't bother us at all that they are not new.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
These children are beyond the reach of a nearby church:
"I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful" (John 15:1-2 - NIV).
This year, with the help of churches and volunteers across the country, we hope to serve over 400,000 Angel Tree children. But we can't do it without you.
As we get closer to Christmas there are still thousands of children who need to know they haven't been forgotten. If you've already supported this year's campaign, thank you so much for your generosity.
When you are making out your Christmas card list
this year, please include the following:
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001
Please keep the following individuals in your prayers:
1) "Please pray for DY & KK that God's will be done in their relationship, in Jesus name." -PB;
2) Beth asks for our prayers. She writes, "Dearest God, Lord Jesus,Holy Spirit, St. Jude & St. Rita, I ask each of You to BLESS me & Alex & all of the lawyers at the Working Hands Legal Clinic with Your Divine Guidance, Courage & Success in our efforts create Justice for me and all of my co-workers! Thank you. God Bless you!!! For praying with me.";
3) "Please pray for me that God will provide me the finances to pay all of my bills and personal needs-$100.00 and for healing of my entire body and return me to perfect health. That God will give me a really good antibiotic." -Larry;
4) "Please please pray for me. I really need to get rid of this guy, i found out he was again cheationg on me back in july yet it is so hard to let go. I dont want to try anymore. My depression and alcohol abuse has taken over my life due to trying to cover up the pain I feel. Please give me the stength to walk away." -Lindsay;
5) Becky asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes: "I would like to ask that you please pray for my husband, Lonnie. He has had trouble with his back for many years. It's gotten much worse of late. His primary dr. is referring him to a pain specialist to see if epidurals will be helpful. It's our hope that these will help and surgery will not be needed now. He was told in the past that he needs back surgery but that it wasn't something he should do unless he could no longer stand the pain. He very rarely mentions his pain...well, he told me he's ready to get it fixed now...that told a BIG story - he's in bad shape! If it's time for surgery, please pray that God direct him to a wonderful neuro surgeon and that all goes well, a great recovery. I know medical advances are made daily and I hope and pray this surgery isn't as bad as the docs said in the past. I pray for God's will .... and that it gets Lonnie out of pain, or as much as possible. It's also my prayer that we hear from these docs asap! Thanks very, very much for your prayers!";
6) "Please pray for my Husband, Son and I. We are trying to close on a home in a good area with good schools for our son. god placed this house so low in our price range and I do not want this to pass us up. I want my son to grow up in area where I do not have to be scared of him being outside. This is the home for us! Please pray that this works out in our favor and we can finally get in to this home!!!! We fell in love with this home. Lord please help us and guide us to make this happen for us. We are good people and you see it lord,help us with getting this home. Amen." -Jennifer;
7) JRG asks for our prayers: "I pray and ask you to pray for Jeremy - that the Judge may see that he had a relapse and that he is taking steps to make his life better. That prison is not the answer for him. He just enrolled in college something he never thought possible for himself. I ask that he be given this opportunity without restriction. I pray for his lawyer to be of a clear mind and great wisdom. I ask that you pray for Jeremy, he has not drank in sometime now that he continues to stay strong in that. I believe the Lord has delivered him from the desire to drink. I believe the Lord has complete control of this situation. I have faith in the Lord! I say these things in our beloved Jesus name, AMEN.";
8) "My name is Sal and I am 64 years old. I have a 26 year old Daughter and she is going through very difficult problems which include financial and family issues. She has two adorable boys: ages 7 and one just 8 months old. Please pray for my daughter Kelly! Thank you and God Bless you!";
9) "Please pray for my husband nicholas, that he overcomes the things that are against him in the state of new york. he is innocent and we need him to come home safely and soon to his family. please pray that he keeps his faith through all of this because i fear that he may lose focus on what is most important. because of this i had to quit school and i just went back 2 weeks ago, i have a 3 year old boy who i fear wont have his family together for christmas, but i mostly fear that he might not have his family together at all. i am now the head of household and have to find a job quickly because i am losing my home in january. and please pray for me so that i may stay strong during this difficult time and am offered a job monday during my interview and please pray that i have more patience with our baby boy because i am under so much stress. thank you." -Dani
10) Bob asks for our prayers: "I would like /need prayer that my families needs are met during the up coming momths. i just had a hernia opertion that i was hoping to hold off til jan.,have not benn getting 40 hours at work because of money taken out for a chapter 13 when i work 30hours i don't get a paycheck. my wife i have(married for 30 years) are having the worst time of our lives.we are looking at utiltiels shut offs, no christmas and maybe even losing our house. just pray that God's will be done and that we may learn whatever lesson we are suppose to learn from these trails.";
11) "Please pray for my family as we go through this difficult time. We have never been worried financially and the first time, we worry about having enough food for the next few days. Or keeping the roof over our heads. And during the holidays, we struggle to get in the spirit since we lost a dear son during this time when he was only 3 weeks old, we never brought him home from the hospital. I have 2 sons, 13 and 3. The 13 yr old is struggling with school, even though he is very bright, it's an awkward stage for him. My 3 yr old, I am grateful he does not understand the magnitude of our stressful situation. And I hope he will never have to know or witness this again in the future. I am trying to be strong, but I am losing grip on my life. I cannot even go to my husband and seek comfort, even though he loves me so much and tries to reach out. I tend to withdraw when I am dealing with things. I need strength. We need guidance to get back on our feet. We work all the time, and don't spend but that isn't helping. I'm scared." -Jin;
12) Sandge asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes, "Please pray for my husband, he is an alcoholic and wants to quit but our reservation hospital won't help him. They treat him horribly when he goes up there for withdrawals, he is now afraid to go there. We don't have any private health insurance otherwise I would bring him somewhere else. He definitely has liver damage and wants to quit. Please pray that God will deliver him!!!!";
13) "Please pray for Nikita . She is sick and I pray that she will be better. I pray that she will be healed through Christ Jesus. God, please hear my prayer, take away her pain and make her whole. You said if I beleive that nothing is impossible." -Nikita;
14) Zandra asks for our prayers: "hey my name is zandra and im a herion addict i've been sober for three weeks now and its hard and t continues to be hard i need prayer to stay sober and for my family to heal and stay together !!!! i also need to prayer for forgiveness because i almost looked for strenght in the wrong ways.";
15) "Please prayer for salvation for daughters Christina (20 yrs) and Nicole (17yrs) and sisterly love toward each other. Also for financial blessings for our family. Thank you and God Bless you!" -Cindy;
16) Bev asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes, "Please pray for me. My name is Bev and I am going through major financial difficulties. I haven't been able to pay my rent for Nov and I don't have money for Dec. I know there are many who need prayer, but if you could pray for me and my little dog, Minnie, we would be so very grateful. God Bless You.";
17) "I need prayer for healing of my body. My name is Sheila and I have been struggling with Hypothyroidism and the side effects of the drug I have to take for the rest of my life because of it. I ask they you pray for me and that the side effects as well as the diesease leave me. I ask for total healing. PLEASE PLEASE pray for me as God is the only one who can save me from this. I ask that you pray for my heart and the effects that the medicine has had on it." -Sheila;
18) Yoanna & Will asks for our prayers: "My name is Yoanna. My husband, Will and I are separated. Please pray that we reconcile soon. I don't feel divorce is God's will.";
19) " Just pray for us, since I broke my arm 5 weeks ago it seems satan is attacking me. It is one thing after another, usually on our finances." -David; and lastly...
20) Please pray for Dr. Frank Page's family as they are grieving the loss of his oldest daughter, Melissa.
**God bless you for caring enough to pray!!!**
A real friend is always and under all circumstances a friend (Proverbs 17:17a).
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails" (Proverbs 19:21).
After Every Flight
By Ledonon Rieumes (from France)
After every flight, pilots fill out a form called a gripe sheet, which conveys to the mechanics problems encountered with the aircraft during flights that need repair or correction. The mechanics read and correct the problem, and then respond in writing on the lower half of the form as to what remedial action was taken. The pilot,
then, reviews the gripe sheets before the next flight.
Never let it be said that ground crews and engineers lack a sense of humor!
Here are some actual logged maintenance complaints and problems As submitted by Qantas pilots and the solution recorded by maintenance engineers.
*(Note: P = the problem logged by the pilot. S = the solution and action taken by
P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.
P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.
P: Something loose in cockpit.
S: Something tightened in cockpit.
P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on back-order.
P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.
P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.
P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.
P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what they're there for.
P: IFF inoperative.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.
P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.
P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.
P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.
P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.
P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.
P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget.
** Article Content Spinner:
Gauges and Designs
By Jill Carattini
I have the bad habit of testing the meaning of the word "empty" when my gas tank warns it is nearing the last of its resources. With each car I've owned this process starts out innocent enough. Either I'm low on fuel and can't find a gas station or I'm late for an appointment and decide to stop for gas afterward. But somehow this initiates the unreasonable course of challenging my gauges. If I was once able to go eight miles with my fuel light on, I reason, perhaps I could make ten. If I made it all the way home from work the last time, this time I can surely afford to make one more stop.
For a while I drove a car that I was beginning to believe had broken gauges. It seemed like I could drive with the fuel light on forever. Each time the gauge cried empty, I would ignore it to the point where I was certain I was running completely on fumes—and each time I would get away with it. It actually started to bother me. This, I realize, sounds ridiculous, and is probably not good for my car or me, for that matter. Of course, I don't actually want to run out of gas. But I want to know my gauges actually mean something.
Perhaps my unreasonable battle with the word "empty" illustrates a similar phenomenon in life. We want to ignore anything that suggests we are creatures of limitation; we want to challenge every gauge and ignore every boundary as long as we possibly can. As children we ward off bedtime though fighting heavy eyelids and perfidious yawns. As we grow older we take the struggle to deeper levels, learning to deflect notions of despair or emptiness, to stifle certain questions in the back of our minds, and to keep our consciences at bay. Like exhausted children insisting they don't need sleep or drivers challenging their inevitable need for gas, we attempt to defy life's gauges and indicators as if they were indicators of nothing.
English writer F.W. Boreham tells a story about an old gravedigger whose terrible cough educed the sympathy of a cemetery visitor. The coughing man gestured to the graves around them, noting, "There's plenty here who'd be glad of my cough!" His point is clear enough: even a cough is an indication that life is still present. But all the same, it is a sign that should indicate much more, lest the old man be dragged into a grave of his own. Carrying this thought to a higher place, Boreham wisely comments, "The torments of an aroused conscience are symptoms of spiritual vitality for which a wise man will give thanks on bended knees; but they are useless and worse than useless unless they drive him, in his desperation, to the fountain open for all sin and for all uncleanness."(1)
However good I have become at ignoring signs and indicators within my own life, I am at some level aware that it is more than a sign I am ignoring. To live with gauges that go off for no reason would be absolutely maddening. Pain and conscience, unrest and struggle are gauges we have been given with good purpose. They are indicators that bid us to pay attention and can lead us to the place that needs tending. I believe they are also indicators of a designer, whose desire is that we should be led to the true design.
During a time of illness and recovery, King Hezekiah followed his anguished soul to a place beyond physical comfort. In a prayer recorded in the book of Isaiah, Hezekiah recognizes the great lengths God used to drive him to the throne: "I cried like a swift or thrush, I moaned like a mourning dove. My eyes grew weak as I looked to the heavens. 'I am troubled; O Lord, come to my aid!' But what can I say? He has spoken to me, and he himself has done this. I will walk humbly all my years because of this anguish of my soul. Lord, by such things men live; and my spirit finds life in them too" (Isaiah 38:14-16).
Perhaps there is life to be found even in gauges we'd rather ignore. Empty tank or tormented conscience, might it drive us into the arms of God.
** Headers for Blogs:
Spice up your blog with a personal touch!
"So that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints" (1 Thessalonians 3:13).
The Great Among You Shall Be Your Servant
By Living Stream Ministry
Mark 10:42 And Jesus called them[His disciples] to Him and said to them, You know that those who are esteemed as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. 43 But it is not so among you;
but whoever wants to become great among you shall be your servant,
Phil 2:6 Who [Christ Jesus], existing in the form of God, did not consider being equal with God a treasure to be grasped, 7 But emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, becoming in the likeness of men;
Those who are great in the church, that is, those who are established by the Lord as great ones, are actually the servants and slaves of all. Whoever wants to become great shall be the servant of all, and whoever wants to be the first shall be the slave of all. One should only be a servant, a slave of all. On the one hand, one should have a spiritual basis; he should honor God’s will as the central and highest thing among all things and should release the Lord’s life. On the other hand, one has to be humble, which means having no interest in being the authority among the brothers and sisters and being satisfied with being a servant and a slave. All those who are willing to be servants will be appointed by the Lord as the great ones, and they will be entrusted with authority. All those who are willing to be the slaves, that is, who have a heart to serve the brothers and sisters, will be appointed to be the first by the Lord.
...he has to be truly humble, considering himself worthy to be only a servant (not in word only, but in inward feeling). The Lord said that such a one can be great. We are afraid of the kind of humility that stays on one’s lips only. Humility must be something that issues from the heart.
The Lord took the form of a slave and became a slave to all. He never seized any authority; all of His authority came from God. The Lord was raised from a lowly place to the height. This is His principle.
We should not try to seize any fleshly authority with fleshly hands. We should be the servants of all. Then when God commits certain responsibilities to us, we will learn to represent Him. The basis of authority is ministry, and there is ministry only where there is resurrection. When one has a ministry, he has a service, and when he has a service, he has authority. May the Lord deliver us from haughty thoughts.
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares
about you" (1 Peter 5:7 – NLT).
Be sure to send in your prayer request for the next
You are in my thoughts and prayers! May the Lord
continue to bless you with knowledge of Himself.
May God bless you abundantly,
Lighthouse Prayer Line
105 Quincy Drive
Greer, SC 29650
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven" (Luke 6:37).
Out Of Gas
A nun who works for a local home health care agency was out making her rounds when she ran out of gas. As luck would have it there was a station just down the street. She walked to the station to borrow a can with enough gas to start the car and drive to the station for a fill up.
The attendant regretfully told her that the only can he owned had just been loaned out, but if she would care to wait he was sure it would be back shortly.
Since the nun was on the way to see a patient she decided not to wait and walked back to her car.
After looking through her car for something to carry to the station to fill with gas, she spotted a bedpan she was taking to the patient. Always resourceful, she carried it to the station, filled it with gasoline, and carried it back to her car.
As she was pouring the gas into the tank of her car two men walked by. One of them turned to the other and said: "Now that is what I call faith!"
We hope you have found today's newsletter encouraging to your
walk with Jesus Christ. Please send all prayer requests and
praise reports to us by using the "comments" hyperlink, which
can be found at the end of each blog/article. God is Good!!!
A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle. Please Keep This
-------††††-------Love For GOD
-------††††-------With A Friend!!!!!!
(¯`*•.(¯`*•.God is Good - ALL of the Time!!!.•*´¯).•*´¯)
•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•
I'm just a nobody
trying to tell everybody
that there is somebody
who can save anybody!!
Never get so busy doing the work of the kingdom
- that you forget who the King is.